Patient EducationFUNCTIONAL MEDICINE OF IDAHO
Functional • Integrative • Family Medicine
Overview of the Candida Diet
Thursday, May 23rd, 4:00 – 5:30 p.m. FMI office
Almost everyone has Candida albicans in their gut, and a significant proportion of us may have too much of it, or a Candida overgrowth. Candida albicans only starts to cause trouble when there is some change in your body that allows it to overgrow and disturb the healthy balance of microorganisms in your gut.
If you suspect that you have an overgrowth, the first place to look is your lifestyle to find what could have caused this imbalance. Antibiotics? Oral contraceptives? A diet high in sugar and carbohydrates? Alcohol and drugs? Stress? Or all of the above? Eliminating all of these risk factors is a crucial step in tackling your Candida problem.
The occurrence of Candida overgrowth has been increasing rapidly over the last few decades. Our modern diet of processed food and sweets is partly to blame, along with the increased prevalence of obesity and diabetes, plus the much more frequent use of antibiotics.
Candida Related Complex is a debilitating condition that prevents you from waking up strong, healthy, and bursting with energy. Fortunately, there are many things you can do to fight it.
Join us as we share information about options to keep your Candida growth in balance and improve your health and well-being! Only 10 spots are available. Please e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call FMI (208-385-7711) to reserve your space.
Avoiding toxins in Everyday Life
Tuesday May 29th from 4:30-5:30 pm.
We live in a toxic world, and it’s only getting worse. Modest estimates have suggested that we are exposed to more than 700,000 different toxic chemicals on a daily basis, and this doesn’t include the crazy poisons that are being pumped into our food supply. Come learn how you can limit toxic exposure in your life, minimize the impact they have on your health, and how to set your body up for natural detoxification.
Only 10 spots are available. Please e-mail (email@example.com) or call FMI (208-385-7711) to reserve your space.
Health & Wellness Videos
What is Functional Medicine?
Do You Really Need Supplements?
Health & Wellness Books
- Still Here: Embracing Aging, Changing, & Dying – Ram Dass
- Natural Health, Natural Medicine – Andrew Weil, MD
- Healthy Aging – Andrew Weil, MD
- Metabolic Approach To Cancer – Nasha Winters, MD and Jess Higgins Kelley
- The Toxin solution – Joseph Pizzorno
- Detoxify or Die – Sherry Rogers, MD
- Natural Women, Natural Menopause – Marcun Laux, ND & Christine Conrad
- Women’s Bodies, Women’s Wisdom – Christiane Northrup, MD
- The Hormone Boost – Natasha Turner
- Grain Brain – Dr. Perlmutter
- The Paleo Diet- Loren Cordain
- The China Study – T. Colin Campbell PhD and Thomas Campbell II
- Eat Fat, Get Thin – Mark Hyman
- Food- What the Heck Should I Eat? – Mark Hyman
- Grain Brain – David Perlmutter
- The Food Medic – Hazel Wallace
- The Bulletproof Diet – Dave Asprey
- The Inside Tract – Gerard Mullin
- The Microbiome Solution – Robynne Chutkan
- Eat Dirt – Josh Axe
- The Vaccine Friendly Plan – Paul Thomas, MD and Jennifer Margulis, PHD
- The Vaccine Book – Robert Sears, MD
- The Whole Brain Child – Daniel J Siegel and Tina Payne Bryson
- No Drama Discipline – Daniel J Siegel and Tina Payne Bryson
- When the Body Says No – Gabor Mate
- Adrenal Fatigue- the 21st Century Stress Syndrome – James Wilson and Jonathan V Wright
- Mood Cure – Julie Ross
- Super Brain – Deepak Chopra and Rudolph E Tanzi
- Mind Gut Connection – Emeran Mayer
- Brain Maker – David Perlmutter
- Dirty Genes – Ben Lynch
- The Root Cause – Isabella Wentz
- Hashimoto’s Protocol – Isabella Wentz