At Functional Medicine of Idaho, our health care providers perform minor, in-office surgical procedures that require minimally invasive techniques and can be safely performed in an outpatient setting.
Which minor surgical procedures can I get at FMI?
- Diagnosis and removal of small skin cancers or cysts
- Removal of fatty tissue lipoma
- Removal of ingrown toenails
- Mole removal and evaluation for cancer risk and pre-cancer risk of moles and other rashes
- Freezing and removing pre-cancerous lesions (actinic keratosis)
- Plantar wart removal and freezing warts
- Internal hemorrhoid banding
- Hormone pellet implants for men and women
Do minor surgeries require anesthesia?
By definition, minor surgeries are performed without general anesthesia or respiratory assistance. Because most of these procedures will require the use of a scalpel, they will be performed using an injected anesthetic or topical cream anesthetic applied to the site of the procedure.
Can I go home right after a minor surgical procedure?
Minor surgical procedures do not require patient observation following the procedure. Once your procedure is complete, your provider will immediately close your wound and allow you to leave. In many cases, you can go back to work after your minor surgical procedure.
You will be given instructions for taking care of the wound after you leave. If you get stitches, you may need to book an appointment for their removal.
If you would like to schedule a minor surgical procedure with Functional Medicine of Idaho, please call our office at (208) 385-7711.