As the Coronavirus continues to spread worldwide, we have had numerous inquiries from our patients and the general public on how they can boost their immune system naturally. We carry a wide variety of high-quality, guaranteed pure, and efficiently absorbable supplement brands that go above and beyond what you can buy online or off the shelf. Out of our supplement selection, we recommend the following supplements to boost and reinforce the immune system response:
- Vitamin A
- Known as an anti-inflammatory vitamin by enhancing immune system
- Therapeutic effect in the treatment of various illnesses
- Plays a regulatory role in the immune responses in the body
- 500 times stronger than vitamin E (another antioxidant vitamin) and 6,000 times stronger than vitamin C.
- Can handle multiple free radicals at a time
- No harmful side effects that have been noted in any of the safety studies performed.
- Vitamin C
- Potent antioxidant
- Vitamin C gets depleted when the body begins its inflammatory response during times of stress or illness
- Humans lack the ability to synthesize Vitamin C and need to supplement it through the diet
- 100% of absorption occurs when ingesting up to 200-250 mg at one time
- Higher oral doses get excreted through urine
- Those with predisposed kidney stone formation should avoid using high doses of Vitamin C orally.
- Liposomal C is absorbed more slowly and can be taken safely in higher doses.
- IV Vitamin C
- High concentrations are recommended to give an extra boost to the immune system
- Higher doses of IV C are not excreted through the urine as they enter into the bloodstream and immediately increase serum levels in the blood
- Check with your healthcare provider regarding proper dosing of the IV vitamin C therapy and when you should schedule your apt.
- Vitamin D
- Can help build strong bones by increasing the body’s absorption of calcium and phosphorous
- Known as the “sunshine vitamin” as it is produced in the skin by sun exposure
- Can help protect against respiratory infections
- Glutathione –
- Powerful antioxidant
- As you grow older, levels of glutathione decrease.
- Injury, stress, and illness can all affect glutathione stores
- Found within every cell of the body – is made up of amino acids.
- Contributes to a variety of important bodily functions including:
- vitamin regeneration
- breaking down free radicals
- immune system support
- Increases glutathione levels
- Powerful antioxidant
- Neutralizes inflammatory free radicals
- Breaks apart mucus in the lungs
- Antioxidant functionality
- Reduces inflammation
- Plays a role in DNA repair
- Healing damaged tissue
- Supports healthy immune system
Immune Boosting Shot Recipe:
- 1 serving Lyposomal Vitamin C
- 1 teaspoon raw honey (Manuka honey is our favorite)
- 1 teaspoon unrefined coconut oil
- 1-2 drops Immune Boost Blend Essential Oils*
- ¼ teaspoon organic pumpkin pie spice or cinnamon powder
- Tiny pinch pink Himalayan salt
1. Add 1-2 drops of Immune Boost Blend Essential Oils to the coconut oil and mix well, then add this mixture to the rest of the ingredients, mixing well again.
2. Enjoy once or twice daily at the onset of a cold, or when exposed for prevention.
3. Wash down with pure, filtered water.
*Immune Boost Essential Oil Blend: equal parts Cinnamon Leaf, Clove, Eucalyptus, Rosemary, Orange and Lemon Essential Oils
* This can be enjoyed straight or with a little bit of water to wash it down. Alternatively you can mix it with a cup of warm tea. Depends on your palate.
* Be sure to not use it for more than two weeks at a time.
Written by: Aundrea Renaud, Supplements Coordinator
*This blog post is intended for informational purposes only and is not intended to diagnose or treat. If you or any other person has a medical concern, please consult with your health care provider or seek other professional medical treatment.