Past EventsFUNCTIONAL MEDICINE OF IDAHO
Functional • Integrative • Family Medicine
Group Visit w/ Karen Callagy, P.A.
“Let food be they medicine, and let thy medicine be food’
November 15th @ 4 PM
Allergen Free Holiday Cooking/Baking
“Let food be thy medicine, and let thy medicine be food’ Join Karen Callagy P.A.,as she teaches on food allergies and food sensitivities. In this visit, you will receive the following:
Handbook on how to cook for those with food allergies and sensitivities Gluten Free, Egg Free, Flour Substitute Recipe’s Medical education course from Functional Medicine Provider
For individuals with food allergies, avoidance is the best way to prevent a potentially serious allergic reactions. Common allergy triggers such as eggs, wheat, peanuts, tree nuts and milk are also common ingredients in holiday recipes. But with a little preparation and creativity, nearly any recipe can be made allergy-free and safe to eat for anyone.
Come join us to learn how to cook yummy holiday treats that are gluten free while using flour substitutes. We will be providing a holiday menu and we’ll be sampling some of the delicious treats.
Insurance coverage for current patients, $50 cash for non patients. RSVP today- limited seats available!
Elimination Intensive Fall 2018
Program start date: 9/23 • Program end date: 10/21
Non Patients $389 per person, w/a friend for $369 • Current Patients Insurance Coverage Available
*elimination diet to focus on reducing inflammation, repairing the gut, reducing the toxic burden, improve metabolism, and energy.
- includes a four (4) week comprehensive elimination intensive to address common health concerns/complaints
- individualized biomarkers/anthropometrics pre/post protocol
- five (5) 1:1 individual nutritional consults
- two (2) group visits – EBP resources and materials to support successful completion
- includes IFM custom:
- elimination food protocol
- comprehensive guide
- elimination phytonutrient handout
- sleep hygiene
- guide to sweeteners handout
- eating seasonally
- eating for your micro biome
WHAT YOU GET:
- initial 1:1 visit (BP, BMI, BIA, goal setting, initial MSQ, overview guide to prep for elimination protocol
- group visit (detailed review of elimination protocol, individual tailoring options, guide review, implementation, additional resources)
- 1:1 weekly nutritional consults for three (3) weeks (accountability, correction/adaptability, coaching)
- final group visit includes reintroduction, setting up success for transition, +/-, MSQ hand out, group debrief
- final 1:1 visit (BP, BMI, BIA, labs if necessary), review MSQ and next steps if necessary
- w1. initial 1:1 visit week 9/23, 9/27 first group visit
- w2. 30 min. follow ups week of 9/30
- w3. 30 min. follow ups week of 10/7
- w4. 30 min. follow ups week of 10/15
- w5. final group visit, + final 1:1 10/21
Ketogenic Diet • Group Visit
Join us Thursday July 26th 4-5:30pm FMI offices
Come learn about why people are raving about the Keto Diet!
Research suggests the Keto Diet can heal and reverse:
- Metabolic syndromes
- Neurodegenerative conditions
- The aging process
Ketosis is a protective, primitive mechanism in the body that protects us. Ketosis can reverse and heal metabolic conditions, neurodegenerative conditions, cancers and the aging process.
Join us Thursday July 26th 4-5:30p to find out more about the ketogenic diet including:
- Metabolic adaptability
- Effective and safe implementation
- Effects on the brain and body
- Avoiding the Keto “flu” and “bonking”
- Transitioning safely out of the Keto diet
*Insurance coverage for current patients, $50 cash for non patients.
RSVP today- limited seats available!
Overview of the Candida Diet
Thursday, May 23rd, 4:00 – 5:30 p.m. FMI office
Almost everyone has Candida albicans in their gut, and a significant proportion of us may have too much of it, or a Candida overgrowth. Candida albicans only starts to cause trouble when there is some change in your body that allows it to overgrow and disturb the healthy balance of microorganisms in your gut.
If you suspect that you have an overgrowth, the first place to look is your lifestyle to find what could have caused this imbalance. Antibiotics? Oral contraceptives? A diet high in sugar and carbohydrates? Alcohol and drugs? Stress? Or all of the above? Eliminating all of these risk factors is a crucial step in tackling your Candida problem.
The occurrence of Candida overgrowth has been increasing rapidly over the last few decades. Our modern diet of processed food and sweets is partly to blame, along with the increased prevalence of obesity and diabetes, plus the much more frequent use of antibiotics.
Candida Related Complex is a debilitating condition that prevents you from waking up strong, healthy, and bursting with energy. Fortunately, there are many things you can do to fight it.
Join us as we share information about options to keep your Candida growth in balance and improve your health and well-being! Only 10 spots are available. Please e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org) or call FMI (208-385-7711) to reserve your space.
Avoiding toxins in Everyday Life
Tuesday May 29th from 4:30-5:30 pm.
We live in a toxic world, and it’s only getting worse. Modest estimates have suggested that we are exposed to more than 700,000 different toxic chemicals on a daily basis, and this doesn’t include the crazy poisons that are being pumped into our food supply. Come learn how you can limit toxic exposure in your life, minimize the impact they have on your health, and how to set your body up for natural detoxification.
Only 10 spots are available. Please e-mail (email@example.com) or call FMI (208-385-7711) to reserve your space.