For over 20 years, Dr. David Musnick has had leading-edge, comprehensive and active methods of assessment and treatment of concussion and traumatic brain injuries. The Functional Concussion Care approach addresses pathophysiology, neural inflammation, oxidative stress, excitotoxicity, brain oxygenation, brain stem cells, brain synaptic connections, and brain structure.
What patients can expect:
- Dr Musnick does an extensive initial assessment. He may include brief neurocognitive testing such as Cambridge Brain Sciences testing or more in depth NeuroPsych testing.
- He may do blood brain barrier and hormone testing and treatment.
- He will work on associated issues like insomnia, depression, anxiety, pain, headache, dizziness, vision problems, etc.
- Dr Musnick’s starts with foundation treatments like a brain injury diet, supplements, neuroprotection strategies, exercise, and brain training. He may recommend and administer certain effective modalities including: Frequency Specific Microcurrent, Audio Visual Entrainment and Stress Management. He may refer out for other treatments including Hyperbaric Oxygen, Brain Spotting, Counseling and Neurofeedback.
- Integration of treatment strategies to restore brain and memory function.
- Treat post-concussion symptoms and all orthopedic injuries that do not require surgery.
- Dr. Musnick has a team of professionals to refer to for treatments or assessments that he does not do.
- Dr Musnick can also manage medical legal cases involving head injury.
Some assessment and treatment modalities Dr. Musnick uses include:
- Frequency Specific Microcurrent to stimulate synaptic connections, heal the blood brain barrier and decrease inflammation in the brain.
- Supplements and diet: Dr. Musnick has developed a supplement program to address the pathophysiology of what the injured brain is doing.
- Assessment and addressing intestinal problems and microbiome problems after head injury.
- Assessing and treating musculoskeletal pain.
- Antibody testing to the blood brain barrier and then correct this problem if needed.
- Addressing hormones and correcting them.
- Treatments to improve sleep, stress and mood.
- Assessment and treatment of the complicated patient in regard to other factors that can impede healing including: past head injuries, mold, chronic infections, Gastrointestinal problems, etc.
- Written and online neurocognitive assessments, including CNS Vital Signs and Cambridge Brain Sciences.
- Strategies to address increasing brain oxygen, stimulating NRF2 gene response, and decreasing brain inflammation and free radicals.
- Treatment to increase BDNF (Brain Derived Nerve growth Factor).
Dr. Musnick can manage new or chronic head injury cases and create a program for improvement in brain function and post-concussion symptoms. For more information about Functional Concussion Care, contact the Functional Medicine of Idaho Eagle clinic or schedule a consultation with Dr. Musnick.
FMI Eagle Clinic
100 W. Cottonwood Court, Suite 150
Eagle, Idaho 83616
Phone: (208) 260-5431
Fax: (208) 385-0346
After Hours Patient Care
Please call our office at (208) 260-5431 to be directed to our on-call service, who will contact your FMI provider, if necessary.