Primary Care Provider
We believe everyone’s journey to optimal health looks different. There is no one-size-fits-all – that’s why our team of providers, nurses, nutritionists and health coaches work collaboratively to deliver innovative, value based care rooted in Functional Medicine. Ideally, candidates should be certified by the Institute for Functional Medicine or be willing to become certified. This provider will focus on the Functional Medicine team approach to provide excellent patient care and experiences, and deliver innovative, value-based care, with the ability to:
Build a patient-focused functional medicine practice and an internal and external referral network that brings chronically ill patients to Functional Medicine of Idaho for Functional Medicine and Primary Care.
- Work closely with team members to optimize the patient care experience.
- Provide feedback to the Medical Director and Practice Administrator on effective mechanisms to improve patient flow, patient care, EMR documentation, diagnostic testing options, and nutraceutical therapeutics.
- Provide clinical support for shared medical visits.
- Professional: 5+ yrs. of experience, preferably within the primary care or outpatient setting; previous experience applying Functional Medicine within practice. Medical Doctor/Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant. Prescriptive Authority in the State of Idaho.
- Knowledge: Ability to apply functional medicine in practice; prescriptive or eligible to apply for licensure to prescribe from the State Medical Board; Ability to work effectively and efficiently with diverse team members, caregivers, students, and patients.
- Education/Licensure: Higher education from an accredited institution required; current active license within the state of Idaho. Certified through the Institute for Functional Medicine, pursuing certification, halfway IFM certified or willing to become certified within 18 months. Additional training in Functional Medicine will be considered.
- Communication: Excellent analytical and decision-making skills. Ability to engage in a dynamic clear conversation with team members and patients and/or their families. Superior communication skills, emotional intelligence, and the ability to function in a rapidly changing environment.
- General: Passionate about health and wellness, functional medicine, health promotion, and disease prevention. Excellent public speaking skills, confidence in front of an audience, exceptional communication and problem-solving skills. Motivated to grow and develop knowledge, team player. Self-directed, highly organized, critical thinker. Willingness to represent Functional Medicine of Idaho with the utmost of integrity and professionalism. Strong computer literacy skills and the ability to operate and soundly navigate an EMR system.
This position is located in Meridian, Idaho, which was recently named the number one place to live in America and raise a family. Boise boasts a beautiful outdoor environment with skiing, mountain biking, rafting, hiking, camping, fishing and much more.
Compensation Package (after 90 days):
- Paid time off, holiday pay, CME time and allowance
- Health insurance (Medical, Dental and Vision), HSA option and Gym Reimbursement
- 401K with matching up to 5%
- FMI benefits and discounts
- 4-day work week
- Serves two hospital locations: St. Luke’s Boise & Meridian
- Lower patient volumes to preserve the quality of care to all clients and foster work-life balance
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Primary Care with focus on lifestyle wellness
- Walk – ins, and acute patient care
- Annual exams
Job Type: Full-time