The air quality in our valley right now can cause both acute and long-standing health issues. Those that are at higher risk include those with underlying lung issues (like asthma), and individuals with poor immune systems, poor gut function, and poor liver health. Symptoms of smoke exposure include burning eyes and lungs, headaches, brain fog, fatigue, sinus issues, and more. There is even research coming out that this kind of air pollution can increase risk of COVID-19. To read more about this: www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7403850
Here are some tips for handling the outdoor air pollution:
- Stay inside, and keep your windows and doors shut.
- Invest in an indoor air purifier like Austin Air (to filter the particulate matter in the air right now, we recommend the HealthMate Plus).
- Don’t exercise in the smoke to protect your lungs and liver.
- Hydrate. Eat well. Keep in mind that your gut participates in 50% of detox. Now isn’t the time to sit inside and eat those carbs and sugars! Aim for 6-8 servings of different colored veggies a day to increase your nutrient load.
- Take the following supplements: vitamin C, glutathione (or NAC- it’s precursor), and other liver support supplements, like milk thistle. A regular probiotic and supplemental fiber are also a good idea for gut health as well.
Following these tips will help decrease the toxic burden of this outdoor air quality and help your body deal with the smoke. Stay well!
Interested in an Austin Air Purifier?
We would love to send you more information or help you place a pre-order. Please fill out the form below and one of our team members will give you a call.