Over the past few years it has become very evident that a quality assurance program is essential for any company manufacturing supplements. Recent studies have shown that about 70% of all supplements do not have what they say is in them or have significant contaminants. We have a questionnaire that you can send to any manufacturer which asks for the specifics of their quality control process.
Ideally we should be getting all our nutritional needs from our food. For the following reasons this does not always happen and more concentrated amounts of various nutrients are needed:
Our soil is depleted and the foods do not contain the proper nutrients.
The aging process, use of antibiotics, stress, and a variety of toxins decrease our ability to make stomach acid and digestive enzymes which are essential for absorbing nutrients. These must often be corrected for supplements to be absorbed as well as nutrients.
Imbalances of the digestive tract including yeast overgrowth, lack of normal bacterial and excess allergens in the diet cause inflammation and difficulty processing our food.
We rarely get the 6 – 8 recommended servings of fruits and vegetables each day.
Genetic and environmental differences affect our levels of toxin accumulation and the processing of nutrients.
Over the past several years we have gradually selected and carried a variety of supplements that we have stocked at the office. At this time we are pleased to direct you to a separate web site for online purchase of many more supplements that Dr. Gail has selected and is comfortable recommending. These are all from companies that have met the quality assurance criteria that we feel are so important. You will get a 15% discount over the manufacturers listed price which should be similar to what we have been offering at the office. These supplements will be shipped directly to you. We will add to that list monthly as new supplements become available. Here is how this works:
FOR ONLINE SUPPLEMENT ORDERS AND REFILLS
1. Go to Emerson Ecologics
2. Create an account – remember the user name and password.
3. Your reference code is available from the office.
4. The first time you order, your 15% discount may not show up on the computer and will be taken off your credit card payment by Emerson internally.
5. After the first time you order you will not need the reference code and your 15% discount from our office will show up automatically on your account site.
6. The quickest way to order using this site is to know the part# for your product and use the quick item function. Our office has a list of all the supplements available and the part numbers.
7. We are able to add products to our list on a monthly basis. If there is something you would like us to consider please let us know.
8. These are all products from companies that do excellent quality control testing and we are certain you will be purchasing the highest quality supplements available.
9. You may also order by phone at 1-800-654-4432.
10. Your supplements will be shipped directly to you.
We will continue to stock the following supplements at the office as they are not offered through the on-line vendor:
Caprobiotics and Theralac – the two best probiotics we have found.
Quantum Digest – our favorite digestive enzyme for help in absorbing protein.
Iodoral – High potency iodine tablets for those shown to be deficient.
PLEASE leave a message on the answering machine that you would like to pick up more of these supplements our staff will let you know when they are ready for pick up (usually within 48 hours). It is often difficult for us to have walk in requests to fill supplements. Hopefully the on-line option will help for your convenience and our efficiency.
Dr. Gail, Penny, George, Jean and Soledad have attended apprenticeship training with Darcy Williamson, McCall herbalist. NP Kathy has been to several seminars on plant based nutrients. We are very interested in using the wisdom of plant medicine as much as possible. Darcy has her own website darcyfromtheforest.com and you can contact her directly for herbal information as well. We will be happy to share information about plant based supplements and herbal remedies.